- About Us
- News & Events
- Faculty & Research
- Degrees & Programs
- Supporting SAS
Advise and Inspire Students
College Alumni Mentoring Series
Mentoring Meals invite alumni back – on campus or virtually – to share firsthand career advice to help students determine how their current academic paths coincide with career aspirations. These events provide a forum for students and alumni to engage in mentoring relationships, and help facilitate students’ understanding of life beyond the College. Capped at 12 attendees per session, students apply to attend by writing a personal statement articulating their interest in the alum’s career path, providing both the alum and student with meaningful interaction.
Past speakers include:
- Hayley Boesky, C’88, Vice Chairman of Global Markets, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Leigh Castergine, C’03, Senior Vice President of Ticket Sales and Services for the New York Mets
- Tom Heller, C’95, Producer and Executive at Everest Entertainment
- Mohamad Makhzoumi, C’01, Partner and Head of Healthcare Services at New Enterprise Associates
- Billy Peele, C’05, Service Director at Eleven Madison Park
- Rich Ross, C’83, CEO of Sine America and former Chairman of The Walt Disney Studios
Themed Programs, like the popular "You're Majoring in What?!" Panel during Family Weekend, tend to be larger events, and provide students with a glimpse into the spectrum of career opportunities possible with a liberal arts degree. Some themed programs feature roundtable discussions focused on a particular topic, where alumni and students connect in a speed networking format.
Lessons in Leadership
The Robert A. Fox Leadership Program brings some of today’s most dynamic leaders back to campus or virtually to share their career journeys and invaluable lessons they’ve learned along the way through its Lessons in Leadership Series.
Past speakers include:
- Larry Altenburg, C'92, Vice President at Rapiscan Systems
- Sofia Chang, C'91, Executive Vice President-Worldwide Digital Distribution and Home Entertainment, HBO
- Grace Chung Becker, C’91 W’91, Former Head of Civil Rights Division at DOJ
- Samara Cohen, C’93 W’93, Managing Director - Head of US iShares Capital Markets at BlackRock
- Bryan Harris, C'83, COO & Managing Partner at Taylor Strategy
Providing students with an opportunity to experience “a day in the life” is an invaluable way to help them determine whether a job or industry is compatible with their skills and interests. Host one or more students for the day and give them an inside look at what it’s like to work at your company.
RealArts@Penn Mentoring Meals
The RealArts@Penn Mentoring Meals invites alums who are working in creative fields back to campus to share career advice and insight with students aspiring to break into those industries.