Careers in Art History
Alumni from the History of Art program pursue a variety of careers, within and beyond their training in the discipline. Many pursue advanced degrees in the field, going on to achieve M.A. and Ph.D degrees, and work as professors, curators, dealers, conservators, and in other related professions. Others find their art historical training useful in pursuing different kinds of opportunities, including non- profit work, auction house work, development and fund raising, and art education and outreach in both international and local communities.
The Penn Careers Office provides substantial support for students wishing to pursue careers in the art world. The department also offers a number of funded internship opportunities.
- We encourage you to make an appointment in the Career Services Office
- History of Art Employment in 2015
- What Can I do with my major?
- Stay connected with Penn Alums on QuakerNet
- Stay Connected through the LinkedIn University of Pennsylvania Alumni Group
- Contact the College Office at 215.898.6341 for more information about the College Alumni Mentoring Series (CAMS)
Alumni Travel Tours
Art history faculty also often engage Penn’s wider alumni community by leading international Alumni Tours of significant art historical sites and we encourage you to participate.
Every year we feature the achievements of our alumni in our newsletter. Please be in touch with your updates — we’d love to hear from you! Email your updates to our History of Art Coordinator, Libby Saylor at email@example.com.