About SAS Computing
Dependable, up-to-date information technology is vital to the academic mission of the School and the University. Our faculty, staff, and students use information technology (sometimes in very creative ways) in the service of research and learning. SAS Computing is the department of the School of Arts & Sciences that is responsible for supporting their use of information technology. SAS Computing staff members work year-round to make sure our students, faculty, and staff have the technological tools they need for outstanding educational achievements in the Information Age.
Computing support for students is provided by both SAS Computing and other groups at Penn, including College House Computing and the Computing Resource Center (CRC) located at Sansom Place West, 3650 Chestnut St., Suite 202. Visit our Computing Help page for students for more information.
Computing support for SAS faculty and staff is coordinated through local support providers (LSPs). You can identify your LSP by checking the list of departments and centers. Please visit the Computing Help page for faculty and staff for more information.
- Desktop Computing and Network Services (DCS/NS), directed by Brian Doherty
- Information Security and Unix Systems (ISUS), directed by Warren Petrofsky
- Institutional Research and Application Development (IRAD), directed by Mary Costigan
- Instructional Technology, directed by John MacDermott
- Social Sciences Computing (SSC) & Student Technology, directed by Chris Mustazza
Each division consists of more specialized subdivisions such as Network Services, Information Security, Institutional Research, Multi-Media Services, and Social Sciences Computing.
SAS Computing staff members are distributed throughout the School’s departments and units in order to provide more immediate, more specialized, and more personalized service. Use the following staff listings to find the people you need.
- Senior staff members
- Full-time staff members
- Local support providers (LSPs) for SAS academic departments
- Local support providers (LSPs) for other SAS units
Projects and Initiatives
See recent posts about our Projects & Initiatives.