Moving materials from a Blackboard course site into Canvas
As of 5:00pm on May 30, 2014, you can no longer be able to log in to Blackboard. The contents of all Blackboard sites have been archived and can be imported from the archives into Canvas at any time upon request from faculty.
Support staff are available to help faculty move materials from Blackboard and setup Canvas sites to take advantage of its most useful features.
Most of your teaching materials can easily be imported into Canvas from the Blackboard archives. This typically includes
- Readings, Powerpoints, and other course documents
- Links to external web sites, YouTube, etc.
- Assignments, quizzes and question banks
- Embedded audio or videos from the media.sas server
Some materials can not be imported directly into Canvas, but can be retrieved in the future from archive files by support staff upon request. These include
- Gradebook data
- Student submitted assignments (e.g. papers they uploaded)
Other materials will not be accessible from the Blackboard archives. These include:
- Student responses to individual quiz questions
- Posts to discussion forums
- Wimba Voiceboards
Please contact email@example.com with questions about making the switch from Blackboard to Canvas.