Email through Comcast
Some people using Comcast for their internet connections are experiencing problems sending email through Facstaff. It appears that Comcast disabled some ports recently.
If you're experiencing this problem, here are instructions for configuring Thunderbird.
Before you start, you'll need to know your Comcast user name and password. Call Comcast support if don't remember your password.
- Click on Tools and select Account Settings.
- Click on Outgoing Server (SMTP) near the bottom of the list of settings in the left pane and then click the Edit... button.
- Make sure smtp.comcast.net is entered in the Server Name field.
- Set the Port to 465.
- If available, turn SMTP authentication on.
- Make sure the box next to Use name and password is checked.
- Make sure your Comcast username is entered in the User Name field.
- Under Use secure connection: select SSL.
- Click OK to save your settings.
If you're having trouble with any of this, please contact your Local Support Provider for assistance.