Facstaff setup for Android devices
To configure your Facstaff account on your Android device please follow the instructions below:
1. From the Home screen, tap the Application button and then tap the Email icon.
2. If this is your first email account, you will be presented with an email setup screen, tap the Next button. Otherwise, press the Menu button, tap Accounts, press the Menu button, and tap Add account.
3. Enter your entire Facstaff email address and in the second box, enter the password associated with your email account.
4. Tap the Manual setup button and then tap the IMAP button and enter the following information in the fields provided:
- IMAP server - facstaff.sas.upenn.edu
- Port - 993
- Security Type - Select SSL(always)
5. Tap the Next button. The device will connect to the internet and check your incoming settings.
6. On the Outgoing server settings screen, enter the following information in the fields provided:
- SMTP server - facstaff.sas.upenn.edu
- Port - 587
- Security type - Select SSL(always)
7. Tap the Require sign-in checkbox then tap the Next button and the device will connect to the internet and check your outgoing settings.
8. Tap the Next button. On the Set up email screen, enter your name in the Type your name field (this is the name that will be displayed in the From field of email messages you send) and then tap the Done button.
If you have any trouble with your configuration you can contact your LSP for further assistance.