Configuring Apple Mail for Access to Facstaff.sas Mail Server
Steps to take before proceeding:
- You must create a new profile if you are using an existing email client. Editing an existing account profile may cause problems and is not recommended.
- Launch Apple Mail.
- Click on the Mail menu and choose Preferences.
- In the Preferences menu, the General category will likely already be selected. If not, select it.
- If you want Apple Mail to be your default email reader, then choose it.
- Change the Check for new mail setting to Every 15 minutes.
- Click on the Accounts category, and select the Account Information tab.
- For Description and for Email Address, enter your email address for facstaff.sas in the form of firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enter your full name in the Full Name field.
- Enter facstaff.sas.upenn.edu in the Incoming Mail Server field.
- Enter your facstaff.sas username in the User Name field.
- Enter facstaff.sas.upenn.edu in the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) field.
- Click Server Settings. Check the box for Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
- Turn SMTP authentication on. From the Authentication dropdown menu, select password. Enter username and password. Click OK.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Enter INBOX in the IMAP Path Prefix field.
- Select Use SSL. Note that the port number will show 993 for IMAP.
- Save your settings.
- Close and relaunch Apple Mail to ensure that settings take effect.
- Send yourself a test message and ensure that you can send and receive mail.
- If you have problems, contact your support provider: Find out who this is here.
- Staff and Faculty: please see here to find out who that is.