The following instructions detail the process for configuring Thunderbird to access your facstaff email account.
1. Go to the Tools menu and select Account Settings.
2. Go to the Account Actions drop box in the lower-left corner of the settings screen and select Add Account
3. Enter your full name, email address, and email password and click Continue.
4. Thunderbird will attempt to guess the proper settings, but they must be corrected. Click the Manual Config button to do so.
5. Change the Incoming and Outgoing fields to facstaff.sas.upenn.edu. Click Re-test.
6. The Port and SSL fields will auto-fill with the correct settings. Click Done to create the account.
Testing your account configuration:
- Make sure you can successfully receive and send email by sending yourself a test message and then checking for new mail. If you have problems, please contact your local computing support provider (LSP).