- What features have been added in the new Webmail?
- How do I open a message in a new window?
- How do I access advanced search features?
- How do I move a message to another folder?
- Can I use the old Webmail?
- How do I move/delete an entire page of messages?
- How do I search multiple folders?
- How do I turn off the preview pane?
- How do I purge deleted mail?
- How can I have Webmail search the Penn Directory for email addresses?
- How do I change my default sent mail folder?
- How do I add someone to my address book from an email?
- There is a preview pane that allows quick access to messages without opening a new window. You can still open the full message by double-clicking on the message.
- The interface now has drag-and-drop capabilities. You can drag messages from one folder to another.
- The search feature is now more dynamic. It will search the current folder of messages without browsing to a new page.
How do I access advanced search features?
The new version of webmail's search feature automatically searches everything in the current folder you have open. If you'd like to restrict the search to just the "From" or "Subject" fields, use the gray bar that comes up when you select the search field:
How do I search multiple folders?
In the search options box that appears when you click on the search field, select "All" instead of of the current folder name. Be aware that this will search all of your folders, so it may take a while.
How do I purge deleted mail?
By default all deleted mail is sent to your "Trash" folder. You can't use a trash folder and purge options at the same time, so to make the purge deleted option appear, follow these steps:
- Click on Options and then Deleting and Moving Messages.
- Uncheck "When deleting messages, move them to your Trash folder instead of marking them as deleted?"
- Click Save Options.
Log out and log back into Webmail. The "Purge Deleted" option will now appear in the "Other Actions" drop down menu when you are in the inbox or other folder view.
- Log in to Webmail and click Options in the left navigation bar.
- Click the Address Books link on the next page.
- Choose "UPENN Directory Services" from the left box and use the hand icon pointing right to add it to the right box.
- Click Save Options.
- Log into Webmail and click on the Options text on the left navigation bar.
- Click on Personal Information.
- At the bottom there is "Sent Mail folder:" option.
- Open the email either in the preview pane or in a new window.
- Click on the email address in the header.
- Click Add to Address Book.