Meeting Maker 8.8 Mac Installation Instructions
You will need administrative access to your machine in order for the installation to proceed.
If you do not have administrator privileges, please contact your LSP.
- Download the installation files from Meeting Maker here (.zip, ~10 MB).
- Launch the installer application.
- The installer will ask for verification of administrator-level access to the computer. Click the lock image, and enter administrator username and password.
- Choose the installation directory.
- If a previous installation of Meeting Maker is present on the machine, the installation will overwrite it. Click "OK" to confirm installation.
- If a previous installation of Meeting Maker is present on the machine, click "Next" to copy the local Meeting Maker data to a backup file.
- Select where program aliases are created. Click "Install".
- Allow installer to run.
- Launch application, and browse Readme file and/or Getting Started Guide if desired.
If the administrator account is not the user's usual login, log out of the administrator account and into the regular user account before launching and configuring Meeting Maker 8.8.
- Click "Select" on the login window to verify the Meeting Maker server.
- Select SSL as the protocol.
- Click "Configure".
- Type calendar.sas.upenn.edu into the host list. Click "OK".
- The SAS General server will appear. Highlight it, and click "Select".
- Sign in to Meeting Maker 8 with your Meeting Maker username and password.
- Select "Preferences" from the Meeting Maker Calendar dropdown menu.
- Check the "Notify When Connection to Server is Lost" box. Modify other preferences as desired.
- Note that the Online Help site is accessible from the client's Help menu
- If syncing with a Palm device, coordinate with your LSP. Make sure Palm Desktop is installed first. Then install the Palm conduits.
- Download the Palm conduits installer from here.
- Once the download is complete, double-click the 88_osx_palm_conduits.zip file, either accessing its contents or unzipping it to a location on your hard drive.
- Launch the installer app and allow it to run.
- Select the conduits you wish to install.
- Test the functionality of the client, including Palm synchronization if applicable. If you are synchronizing with a Palm, please note that you will need to configure the conduits within Palm Desktop (Hotsync -> Custom). Be sure to select the correct timezone, and use the correct server name (usually "SAS General").
- If you have any problems, contact your LSP for assistance.