1. Go to Start -> My Computer.
2. Click Tools -> Map Network Drive.
3. In the Folder box enter the address for your personal share following this rule:
USERNAME is your Active Directory username, which is the same as your PennKey username.
Enter your DIVISION as follows:
hum - Humanities Department (Anthropology, English, Near Eastern Languages & Civilizations, Philosophy, Romance Languages, etc.)
natsci - Natural Science Departments (Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science, Physics and Astronomy, Psychology, etc.)
pci - Programs, Centers and Institutes
Make sure the “Reconnect at logon” box is checked. Then click “Connect using a different user name”.
4. In the box that pops up, enter your Active Directory username and password as follows, and click OK.
Click Finish to complete the drive mapping.
5. If you have access to a departmental shared folder, repeat Steps 3 and 4, entering the Folder box as follows:
\\sas.upenn.edu\DIVISION\shares (i.e. \\sas.upenn.edu\hum\shares)
6. In My Computer, you’ll now see both your connected shares.
Right-click each one and choose Create Shortcut.
7. A box will pop up - choose Yes.
8. After you make both shortcuts, you’ll see them on the desktop. You can now double-click the shortcuts on the desktop to go into your network shares.
NOTE: In the future, you won't have to do any of these steps again, as you'll already have the shortcuts on your desktop. If you're at your office computer on campus, just double-click the shortcuts to go to your shares. If you're using a laptop or are off campus, you'll need to first make a tunnel connection and then double-click the shortcuts.