Receiving Files via Secure Share
1. When someone sends you a file through Secure Share, you will receive an email that looks like this:
Click the link in the email to go to the Secure Share website.
2. Login with your PennKey and password to continue.
3. Once you are at the Secure Share page, you’ll see a notification at the bottom like this:
Click the “documents shared with you” link.
4. You’ll now see a list of the documents that have been shared with you. Click the link under Subject, in this case “Test”.
5. It will show you the details of this document, including a message from the sender. Click the link under Documents, here called “connecttoserver.png”.
6. The file will now be handled by the web browser, and a window may pop up asking if you'd like to Open or Save the file. It is recommended that you choose to save the file, as managing the file once it is on your computer will be much easier if it is saved to the browser's specified downloads folder.
NOTE: If the file you downloaded contains any kind of private information, don’t forget to delete the file from your downloads folder once you are done with it. This is especially important if you are using a public or shared computer. If you cannot delete the file, be sure to take proper care of it, preferably by uploading it to your SAS network share and then deleting it from your computer.