Sending Files via Secure Share
Here are instructions for using Secure Share to send sensitive files or information to another member of the Penn community.
1. Go to the Secure Share website at https://secureshare.apps.upenn.edu and login with your PennKey. The website will automatically redirect you to its “Share information securely” form.
2. The top of the form lets you identify the recipients to whom you are directing your message. Fill in one or more of the search criteria blanks in the box at the top and then press the "Find" button.
3. The tool will list people who meet your criteria, as shown below. Click the "Add" button next to one of the people to identify that person as a recipient.
3. The person you added will appear in the "Recipients" area. You can add other recipients by repeating this process.
4.The next area in the form is the Subject Line area. The Subject blank will show up in the subject line of the notification email that your recipient will receive. It should summarize your message, but not contain any sensitive information.
If you wish to add a message that does not need to be secured, click the "Add Notes" button and provide a note in the blank that appears. This Notes field will be shown to recipients when they log in to access the sensitive information that you're sending.
5. The next area is for your secured, sensitive information.
Use the Encrypted Message field to type in any sensitive information you need to communicate securely. You can use this field as an alternative to sending a file with the sensitive information you want to share. This message will appear as a text file that the recipient will need to download; it does not appear in the notification email sent to your recipient.
If you wish to share a file, click the “Browse…” button to bring up the File Upload window.
6. Here you can choose the file you’d like to share. Select your file and click “Open”.
You’ll be taken back to the previous page where you need to click the “Upload” button.
7. The file will take time to upload, and once that is complete, you will see it listed. To share more files, repeat the process of browsing and uploading. If you accidentally upload the wrong file, click “(Remove)” next to that file, and it will be deleted from the list.
8. Once you are finished, click the blue "Send Message" button at the bottom of the form.
9. You will then see a Success notification. Your recipients will be notified soon.