Mail.sas Account Closures, August 2010
Most accounts on the mail.sas email system were closed on or about August 3rd, 2010.
These closures were done in preparation for the final shutdown of the mail.sas system as announced earlier this year.
- You can setup a new Penn Live account, or you can have your SAS email address forward to another account of your choosing. In either case, your SAS email address will remain the same as it was in the past. Information on the email options available to you can be found at
- An archive of your mail.sas account is available at: http://www.sas.upenn.edu/archive/(your pennkey)
This archive contains all the mail that was in your account at the time it was closed. You can import your archived messages into a mail client such as Thunderbird. Instructions for importing the archive can be found at http://kb.wisc.edu/wiscmail/page.php?id=6436
- If you have already created a Penn Live account, you can log in at http://mail.live.com Use your full SAS email address (e.g. email@example.com) as your username, and the password you set at the time you created the account. More information about Penn Live at https://www.sas.upenn.edu/computing/help/pennlive/technical
- Accounts for students who graduated in 2010 will remain active until October, 2010. See https://www.sas.upenn.edu/computing/help/email/graduation#mailsas for more information
Faculty & Staff:
- Active faculty & staff are eligible for accounts on our facstaff.sas.upenn.edu email system. Please contact your department's local support provider (LSP) to request an account on the facstaff system.