Setting up Windows Live Mail to use the Penn Directory
- Open Windows Live Mail on your computer, click the Tools menu, and select Accounts.... Click
the Add... button.
- Select Contacts Directory Account and click Next.
- Enter directory.upenn.edu for the LDAP server. Check the box that says, "This Contact
directory requires me to log on with a name and password."
- For Account name, enter uid=pennkey, ou=PennPeople, dc=upenn, dc=edu, where pennkey is
your pennkey. Enter your PennKey password.
- Select Automatically check addresses in this contact directory. Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Select directory.upenn.edu and click the Properties button.
- Click the Advanced tab.
Check the box that says, "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)."
Make sure the Contacts Directory field (under Server Port Number) is set to 636.
For the Search base, enter ou=PennPeople, dc=upenn, dc=edu. NOTE: enter the search base exactly as shown here; this field is case-sensitive.
- To use the directory, from a new email message, you can type the recipient's full name into the "To:"
field. Then, click the Tools menu and select Check Names.