Penn Live POP Configuration for Windows Mobile 6
- First, Click the Start button in the upper left hand side, and select Messaging.
- Tap "New E-Mail Account" to setup a new account.
- In the drop down menu, select "Other (POP/IMAP) and then tap "Next."
- Enter your full SAS email address (e.g. email@example.com), and then tap "Next."
- Enter your name. Then enter your full SAS email address for your user name.
Enter your Penn Live password, and then tap "Next."
If you don't remember your Penn Live password, you can reset it here: http://email.sas.upenn.edu/configure/
- Select POP3 from the Account type drop down menu.
Enter a name for this account (e.g. Penn Live), and then tap "Next."
- Enter pop3.live.com in the Incoming mail tab, and smtp.live.com in the outgoing mail tab.
Leave the domain tab blank. Then tap options.
- Fill in the appropriate information and then tap next.
- Make sure to check "Incoming mail server requires SSL authentication."
Do NOT check "Outgoing mail requires authentication.
Choose a setting you are comfortable with for display time frames, and then tap "Next."
- Fill in the appropriate information and then tap finish.
- You are now set up to use your Windows Mobile 6 device with Penn Live.