Penn Live POP Configuration for Outlook Express (Windows)
- The first time you run Outlook Express, this dialog will automatically open. If this is not
the first time you have run Outlook Express, you can get to the dialog by going to the Tools menu,
selecting "Accounts," clicking the "Add" button in the top right corner of the window, and selecting
Enter your name as you would like it to appear on the messages that you send. Click Next.
- Enter your full SAS email address. Click Next.
- Select POP3 as the type of incoming server. Enter pop3.live.com for the Incoming
mail server and smtp.live.com for the Outgoing mail server. Click Next.
- Enter your full SAS email address as the account name and, optionally, enter your
password in the Password field. Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Go to the Tools menu and select "Accounts..."
- Click "pop3.live.com" and click the "Properties" button.
- Click the "Advanced" tab. Check both boxes that say "This server requires a secure
connection (SSL)." Make sure the "Outgoing mail (SMTP)" port is set to 25 and that the
"Incoming mail (POP3)" port is set to 995. Check the box that says Leave a copy of messages on server and
the box that says Remove from server when deleted from 'deleted items'.
- Click the Servers tab. Check the box that says "My server requires
authentication." Click the "Settings..." button next to the checkbox.
- Check the radio button that says Log on using. Enter your full SAS email
address for the Account Name and your password in the Password field. Check the box that says
"Remember password." Note: Checking this box is optional, but if you don't, you will be prompted
for your password everytime you attempt to send a message. Make sure "Log on using secure
password authentication" is not checked.
Click OK. Click OK again to close the account settings window.
- You are now set up to use Outlook Express with Penn Live.