Moving mail from Penn Live to Google@SAS
Please note: You will still be able to log into your Penn Live account to access old messages even after you start using Google@SAS
You can import messages from the Inbox of a Penn Live account into Google@SAS. This process will only work for messages in your inbox; it will not work for mail in Sent or other folders.
- Log into your Google@SAS account and go to your GMail home page
- Click on the little gear icon to access settings and click the Accounts tab
- In the Check mail using POP3 section, click Add POP3 email account.
- This part is a little tricky. GMail won't let you import mail from an account with the same name as your current GMail account. So, don't put in your real email address; you should put in a fake address such as email@example.com Then click Next Step
- In this step, you put in your actual email address in the Username field; Enter your Penn Live password; select pop3.live.com as the server and port 995
- Check the boxes for "leave a copy" and "Use SSL"; we recommend labeling incoming messages as "Imported from Penn Live" Check the box for "archive incoming messages" according to your own preference.
- Click Add Account.
- If you have entered everything correctly, you'll get a final confirmation message indicating that the import is complete. That message will ask, "Would you also like to be able to send mail as firstname.lastname@example.org?" Select No.
- If you get an error message about incorrect username or password, please verify that you have correctly entered the information as shown in step 5.
- Once you have completed the process, all imported messages will show up in your Google@SAS account, with the label you set in step 5.
If you would like to mark all messages from Penn Live as read, please
follow these instructions:
- Navigate to the "Imported from Penn Live" label, click on the label name on the left
- Click the down arrow at the top left and Select "All"
- An underlined link will appear directly below the down arrow with the option Select all X conversations in "Imported from Penn Live label"
- Click on More, then click on Mark as Read