Don't Let Cyber-Criminals Toy With Your Data
October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month. This year our focus is on protecting Personally Identifiable Information. Our new website, yourdata.sas.upenn.edu answers faculty and staff questions:
- Why protecting your sensitive data is important
- How to to identify sensitive data
- How to stay safe
- Where to go if you need help
Check out our new web site for up-to-date information, including upcoming events.
Did you know?
- The data on your computer may be subject to state and federal privacy laws.
- Hackers can use viruses to search your hard drive for sensitive data if you become infected.
- One lost laptop could force Penn to notify thousands of students and alumni that their personal information was disclosed.
- SAS has licensed software that can help you find and eliminate sensitive information.
Visit yourdata.sas.upenn.edu to learn how to protect your data.
For other information, visit ISC's NCSAM web page.