Computer Lab Request Form
SAS Computing has several computer labs which may be requested for classes and other group events. Please review these scheduling guidelines carefully prior to submitting your request.
Have you considered conducting computer activities in your regular classroom - it's an increasingly popular option. Find out more.
Submitting this form does not guarantee a reservation. SAS Computing staff will review your request and follow up as soon as possible.
- Only instructors, or support staff acting on their behalf, may reserve a computer lab. Any students who want to reserve a lab for course-related work should ask their instructor to place the request.
- Review the list of software installed in our labs. Users requesting installation of additional software must provide installation media and proof of proper licensing. SAS Instructors can apply for Instructional Technology grants http://www.sas.upenn.edu/computing/instructional/grants to cover the cost of software for use in the labs.
- Please make requests at least 2 weeks in advance if you require software installation or changes to system configuration.
- Classes and other events for Penn's School of Arts & Sciences have priority for scheduling. Requests are processed on a "first come, first served" basis, except for full semester reservations (see below).
- Requests for non-SAS events will be considered on a case-by-case basis, and are subject to lab rental fees.
- Lab assignments for full semester courses are made during the preceding term, on the following schedule. In cases where we have multiple requests for the same time slot, we will assign labs based on best fit for seating capacity and software requirements. We may need to ask your cooperation in selecting time slots or location in order to make the best use of resources for SAS. Late requests will be accommodated as availability allows.
|For classes in this term||make requests no later than this date||lab assignments will be finalized by this date|
|Fall||May 1||About May 15|
|Spring||October 15||About October 21|
|Summer||March 15||About April 1|
If you have questions or need help, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org