Welcome to the online software documentation repository of the Language Resource Center. Here you can find easy, step-by-step guides on how to use many of the programs that can be useful in courses at Penn.
PDF documentation for current LRC functionality:
- Burning a CD/DVD with Roxio
- Printing in the LRC
- Copying or digitizing video using
- Scanning using
Older documentation that may still be useful:
- Audacity: A free but fully featured sound recording and editing program.
- Blackboard: Descriptions of many advanced features such as Group management, Threaded discussions, Virtual Classrooms and the Wimba suite of voice communication software.
- iMovie: An easy-to-use movie editing program, ideal for creating short clips and slideshows to be placed on web-sites.
- Creating Video Slideshows: Use iMovie and iPhoto to create video slideshows that can be used on the web or in a presentation, or burned to CD or DVD.
- Adobe Photoshop: Sections on basic image editing, banner creation and image transparency
- Adobe (Macromedia) Dreamweaver: Tutorials on creating a single web-page and using templates to create larger websites.
- Tutorials on using the devices available in the Language Resource Center
We hope that you find this resource useful in your work. Further tutorials will be added in the future.
Documentation for Wordchamp is available from the Wordchamp external site.