Faculty and research staff may purchase Mathematica through Penn's volume license.
Click here to access the Mathematica order forrm.
Students can get Mathematica for free for use in their course work. Cick here for details about student licensing.
Purchasing Mathematica for Research
- A Penn budget code is required to purchase licenses.
- Mac, Windows and Linux versions are available.
- Research licenses cost $150 per year.
- All licenses are for a 1-year period from August 1 through July 31.
- The license covers academic research only. Mathematica may be subject to export restrictions. Review the license before use for commercially funded research, external consulting or international travel. All Mathematica users are responsible to use this software in accordance with the license restrictions.
- Place orders through Penn's Office of Software Licensing at https://secure.www.upenn.edu/business-services/softwarelicenses/order/mathematica_form.html
Researchers who purchase a Mathematica license are also entitled to a free home use license
- Go to http://www.wolfram.com/siteinfo/homeuse/, enter Penn's site license number (L3013-8946) and choose "A New Home-use License"
- On the next page, enter how you want to receive the home-use license.
- Fill out their contact information form.
- The request will then be submitted and will be fulfilled upon approval from SAS Computing
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.