Connecting to a network drive in Windows Vista & 7
- Click on the "Start Jewel" in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Select "Computer" from the right side of the start menu.
- Select "Map network drive" button from along the top toolbar.
- (optional) Select the drive letter you would like to map the network drive to, this is purely cosmetic.
- Type in the server & folder path for the server you would like to connect to (i.e: \\sas\natsci\shares or \\ssclion.ssc.upenn.edu\yourlab$")
- If you do not log into your computer using your SAS domain account, you will need to select "Connect using different credentials".
- Click Finish, if you checked "Connect using different credentials" in step 6 you will be prompted for you SAS Domain credentials, otherwise your drive will be mapped.