Wired Internet in DRL
Using the wired network in DRL requires that you register your computer's MAC address.
Use the instructions below to find your computer's MAC address. Then, using a computer already connected, go to the DHCP Registration website and register the address using your PennKey and password.
Depending on location, it may take up to 20 minutes for servers to update. Usually, the wait is much shorter.
Your MAC address should look something like this: 00:55:AB:55:CD:00
Windows 7 / Vista / XP / 2000
- open up a command console (e.g., Start Menu . Run . type cmd . enter)
- type ipconfig /all
- find your network interface/card
- the MAC address (aka physical address) is the number consisting of six alphanumeric pairs
- launch System Preferences
- launch Network
- select the TCP/IP tab
- the Ethernet Address is the number you need to report
- in a console/term type ifconfig (usually need root privileges)
- find your ethernet interface (e.g., eth0)
- the HWaddr assigned to your ethernet interface is the MAC address you need to report