Psychology Poster Printer Tutorial: Changing Ink and Printheads
- The printheads are the actual printing surface of the printer. They are located under the top window.
- They rarely need to be changed.
- If the printer indicates the printheads need to be changed, follow the LCD panel and the diagrams in the red instruction book.
- There is a several minute test page that will print after the heads are replaced.
- Ink and printheads are in the closet in the poster room.
- Before opening any box, double check and make sure you open the right color and proper item.
- Email manager@psych if you use the last of any of the supplies.
- If the machine runs out of ink in the middle of printing, you will have to reprint the poster.
- To avoid this, make sure to change ink before printing your poster if the printer indicates that it is low.
The below link will open RealPlayer in another window and play a two minute video that shows how to properly change ink. If you have problems opening the video, please download the latest free version of Realplayer Basic.