CWiC offers advanced doctoral students in the School of Arts and Sciences the opportunity to teach their own courses through the Critical Speaking Seminars program. Critical Speaking courses are discipline-based courses in the liberal arts that consider some aspect of oral communication from the point of view of the discipline in which the course is taught.
2016-2017 Estimated Application Timeline
- Monday March 28th—applications DUE
- Thursday April 7th-Friday April 8th—interviews with selected candidates
- Friday April 22nd, 2016—estimated decision date
- Summer 2016—participation in 1-2 workshops (scheduled when fellows are available in August/September)
- Fall semester 2016—teach one section of seminar, participate in 3-4 workshops, Dr. Weber visits one class session
- Spring semester 2017— teach one section of seminar, participate in 3-4 workshops, Dr. Weber observes one class session