Welcome to the Fulbright Pre-Academic Program and the English Language Programs at the University of Pennsylvania. By enrolling in this three-week program, you will gain the academic skills and knowledge to begin your graduate degree with confidence and success. Through a variety of workshops and activities you will also increase your understanding of university life and American society so that your acculturation to your new environment will be smooth. You will have the opportunity to interact with Penn faculty and professionals in the Penn community and Philadelphia, visit historical and tourist sites and cultivate a mentor relationship with local Fulbright alumni.
- Program Dates: July 31- August 20, 2011
- Developing Academic Skills with a focus on research paper writing and lecture note-taking skills.
- Computer and Internet Training with a focus on the Library databases, the Microsoft Office Package and Blackboard
- Graduate Life Workshops/Information Sessions with a focus on university campus and community resources.
- Peer Mentoring by Fulbright alumni and Penn graduate students
- Sociocultural Activities in historic Philadelphia, Washington, D.C. and Lancaster county Amish country.
- To view a sample schedule of the program, click here.
- Directions & Arrival Information
- University of Pennsylvania
- 1920 Commons Food Menu
- Faculty & Staff Bios
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Fulbright Coordinator Contact