On-campus housing for ELP students in most programs is available in the ELP House at the University Sheraton Hotel, which is located at 36th and Chestnut Streets, just three blocks from the ELP. Consisting of a special floor dedicated to student housing, these accommodations are air-conditioned and most feature *:
- twin beds
- desks with bookshelves
- desk lights
- bedside reading lamps
- hall closet
- 1 bathroom
- mini-refrigerator/microwave combination
- television with basic hotel cable service
- computer connection to PennNet (the University's Internet service)
- optional telephone service at additional charge
- pillow, blanket, sheets and towels
- 24-hour/7-day check-in and security
- coin-operated laundry facilities (washers and dryers)
- vending and ice machines
- access to hotel amenities and facilities such as in-hotel restaurant and swimming pool in summer
- access to exercise facilities
* Accommodations may vary slightly. Student rooms do not include access to room service or housekeeping/maid services.
Sample Room Diagram
Average room size is 3.65 meters x 7.31 meters (12 feet x 24 feet) but sizes and layouts vary.
A shared double-occupancy room for one session in the Intensive Program or University Connection is $2,300. Students who would like a single room will be charged $4,600.
A shared double-occupancy room for a one-month program is $1,200. Students who would like a single room for a one-month program will be charged $2,400.
Students staying for additional nights will be charged $80 per night. Please note that there are 1-3 weeks between some sessions. Students who decide to stay in their room during those breaks will be charged $80 per night.
Prices valid through June 20, 2015 and are subject to change.
$45 per session for local service. For long-distance and international calls, students need to purchase a telephone card from one of many local vendors on and near campus. Telephones are provided free of charge, but students will be charged $75 if a telephone is damaged.
RefundThe deadline to receive a full refund on your housing payment is six weeks before the move-in date. After the deadline, you may receive a refund of 50% if we are able to fill your room with another student. If we cannot fill your room, you will not receive a refund. There will also be no refunds after the move-in date.
PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR FUTURE SESSIONS
- Download and complete the Housing Application and arrange for payment in full for all sessions for which you would like to apply. Please note that we cannot reserve a room for you until we receive full payment. You may pay with an international postal money order or a check from a US bank payable to the Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania. You may also pay with a wire transfer. Please contact the ELP for instructions for paying by wire transfer. Sorry, no cash or credit cards.
- Send the application and payment for all sessions for which you would like to apply to the address below.
- We will send you a room assignment and information about moving into your room approximately two weeks before the start of the session. If no on-campus rooms are available, your payment will be credited to your ELP tuition.
NOTE: Please send full payment for all sessions for which you would like to apply. Please be aware that space may not be available for continuing students. To guarantee that you have space for all sessions, we encourage you to apply and pay for all sessions prior to your arrival.
ELP On-Campus Housing
English Language Programs
110 Fisher-Bennett Hall
3340 Walnut Street
University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6274 USA