BS/MS Thermal Analyst Postion with GE Research
Applications are being accepted for an entry level position for a thermal analyst with GE Global Research at www.gecareers.com for the following position ( #1327276):
Posted Position Title Analytical Chemist/Material Scientist
Career Level Entry-Level
Essential Responsibilities As an analytical chemist/material scientist, you will work with a team of scientists at GE Global Research and the GE businesses that will require material characterization particularly in the area of thermal analysis (gravimetric, calorimetric, or mechanical) to develop composition/structure/property relationships of materials.
You will work with a multidisciplinary team of scientists to develop and implement novel thermal analytical techniques to characterize complex organic and inorganic materials in order to develop new products or advance existing products or process at GE.
As part of a multidisciplinary team, you will:
• Develop and/or implement new thermal analytical methods for characterization of complex organic and inorganic materials.
• Participate in research programs at GE Global Research that require thermal characterization expertise.
• Effectively communicate to other researchers at GRC and the GE businesses to provide consultation, written reports, and verbal presentations describing methods, analytical data, and interpretation of results.
• Collaborate with the larger team of experts using other characterization techniques to provide solutions for GE businesses.
• Perform routine maintenance support on the analytical instrumentation in the lab.
Qualifications/Requirements • Bachelors degree in an engineering/science discipline (material science, physics, chemistry, or mechanical) with at least one year of research experience in thermal analysis. The research experience must include extensive training and lab experience in applications of thermal analysis (thermogravimetric analysis (TGA), dynamic mechanical analysis (DMA) , thermomechanical analysis (TMA), differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), nanoindentation, etc).
• Demonstrated experience working in a chemical laboratory and conduct critical experiments.
• Demonstrated ability to independently carry out experimental or analytical methods after seeking guidance from team members or project leader.
• Strong analytical, experimental, failure analysis, and problem solving skills.
• Knowledge of instrumentation and computer interfacing to analytical equipment.
• Unrestricted work authorization in the US is required for all candidates
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
• Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• You must submit your application for employment through GECareers.com to be considered