FLAS Language Centers and Coordinators
Check to see which Center will host the language for which you're applying.
African Languages - Center for Africana Studies
- Web site: https://africana.sas.upenn.edu/center
- Coordinator: Dr. Ali Ali-Dinar, Senior Lecturer, firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-898-6610.
- Languages: Amharic, Igbo, Swahili, Tigrinya, Twi, Wolof, Yoruba, and Zulu
Center for East Asian Studies
- Web site: www.ceas.sas.upenn.edu
- Coordinator: David Dettmann, Associate Director, email@example.com or 215-573-4204.
- Languages: Chinese, Japanese, and Korean (NOTE: Fellowships in these languages will not be offered 2014-18)
Middle East Center
- Web site: www.sas.upenn.edu/mec/
- Coordinator: Dr. Mehmet Darakcioglu, Associate Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-898-4690.
- Languages: Arabic, Hebrew, Kurdish, Persian, Tajik, and Turkish
South Asia Center
- Web site: www.southasiacenter.upenn.edu
- Coordinator: Rachelle Faroul, Associate Director, email@example.com or 215-898-8816.
- Languages: Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Pashto, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Tibetan, and Urdu