The School of Arts and Sciences has two 12-person GMC vans,
and two 7-person mini-vans.
The vehicles are available for use by University faculty, staff and students for the primary purpose of supporting regularly scheduled classes conducted off campus. SAS borrowers have priority. Any other use is at the discretion of the Director of SAS Facilities Planning & Operations. Anyone borrowing the vehicles must have taken the University’s Office of Risk Management’s driver training course. Non-SAS borrowers are charged a daily fee for each vehicle, which must be paid by 26-digit code.
Consistent with the University’s sustainability initiatives,
- We will not lend vehicles for trips to destinations that are accessible by public transportation.
- We will not lend vehicles for numbers of travelers that do not match the size of the vehicles.
- Borrowers who can not be accommodated should see the Transportation & Parking web site - http://www.business-services.upenn.edu/transportation/services/charter.html
The new driver training course is now available to be taken online at http://knowledgelink.upenn.edu. This training supersedes all previous training courses. There are 2 driver training courses to choose from. Those wanting to drive SAS vans must take the 9-module VAN Driver Safety Training course. You will need a valid Penn Key in order to access this training program. The driver training must be successfully completed in order to make use of SAS vans. Contact Ruth Kelley at email@example.com for additional information.
The vehicles are limited to travel within a 100-mile radius of Penn's campus.
Reservations are accepted until two 2 business days prior to requested vehicle use.
There is no online reservation for these vehicles. Print the Vehicle Use Request Form and fax it to us at 215-573-3166. We need a copy of your driver's license and verification from Risk Management of van driver training completion, at least 24 hours before your reservation, or your reservation will be cancelled.
Users must also:
- Return van keys within 24hrs. unless they have semester privileges
- Fill out the vehicle mileage card and note mileage in/out on the vehicle, and gas level. This card also lists phone numbers of persons to contact in case of emergencies. (SASFPO will reimburse users for gas if the gas gauge is below 3/4 on departure and is returned above 3/4).
- Note any problems with the vehicle on the mileage card.
- Borrowers who owe past charges for vehicles are ineligible to borrow.
Finally, we request that you and your party drive the van in a safe manner, refill it with the amount of fuel you have used (returning it with 3/4 tank minimum) and keep it clean for the next person.
Please feel free to contact our office to for additional information.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215-898-9870.