CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR 2017 PHYLLIS RACKIN AWARD
PHYLLIS RACKIN GRADUATE AWARD FOR FEMINIST SCHOLARSHIP IN THE HUMANITIES
The Gender, Sexuality, and Women’s Studies Program and the Alice Paul Center for Research on Gender, Sexuality, and Women invite applications for the Phyllis Rackin Award. The fellowship was created in honor of Phyllis Rackin, a pioneering feminist scholar and former faculty member in the English Department here at Penn. The fellowship will provide up to $4,000 in research or travel funding to a graduate student in the School of Arts and Sciences whose research creates or promotes new scholarship on women, gender, and/or sexuality in the humanities. Priority will be given to students who have earned a Gender, Sexuality, and Women’s Studies Graduate Certificate (or who are currently enrolled in the program), and to projects leading to the completion of a doctoral dissertation.
To apply, please submit the following in electronic form to Luz Marin, email@example.com, subject line "Phyllis Rackin Award Application."
Deadline: Friday, March 17th, 2017, 5:00pm
* Awards are subject to 1099 reporting
- A completed Phyllis Rackin Award Application Cover Sheet.
- A two-page description of your project. This description should clearly state the aims and methods of your research.
- A budget detailing how the Rackin award funds will be used. Please list all other sources of funding for your project including the amounts and allocations of these funds. Also, please list all other grants, fellowships, or awards for which you are applying to complete your research and the amounts of each of these potential lines of support.
- A Curriculum Vitae.
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably from faculty. The letters should discuss the promise of the applicant’s work to create or promote new scholarship on women, gender, and/or sexuality in the humanities. The letters should be addressed to Professor Nancy Hirschmann, Director of the Gender, Sexuality, and Women’s Studies Program and the Alice Paul Center for Research on Gender, Sexuality, and Women. Please note, however, that all application materials should be sent to the GSWS Program Coordinator, Luz Marin.