We are now accepting applications for Fall 2014. The deadline for receipt of applications is March 1, 2014.
To begin a new online application, click this button:
Please contact Aaron Boczkowski at (215) 746-0441 or at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The application deadline for Fall 2014 is March 1, 2014.
All applications materials must be received in our office by the application deadline.
All Applicants must submit the following:
- Completed application form
- Professional résumé
- Application essay
- Non-refundable application fee (Make checks payable to the "Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania")
- Unofficial transcripts from each post-secondary school attended uploaded through the online application system
- WES Credential Evaluation for International Transcripts (see below for more information)
- GRE scores (if applicable)
- TOEFL scores (if applicable)
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty, supervisors or professional colleagues
International Transcripts from Institutions outside the United States
If your post-secondary credentials are from an institution outside the U.S., LPS requires you to submit all post-secondary credentials* (undergraduate and graduate) to World Education Services, Inc. (WES), a third party verification agency, for a course-by-course evaluation.
WES must complete a course-by-course evaluation of all post-secondary credentials. The course-by-course evaluation should include the comparability level of your education and list each of your courses along with the equivalent U.S. marks and credit. Please select the WES basic course-by-course evaluation (with GPA and course-levels) and request that WES send your evaluation to Penn LPS Admissions. The school can be found by searching the University of Pennsylvania and then selecting College of Liberal and Professional Studies. The evaluation provided to LPS becomes an official academic record and sole property of LPS upon its receipt.
WES evaluations will be reviewed by LPS administrators and the determination of degree equivalency to U.S. degrees is at the discretion of LPS.
*If you were enrolled in an international institution as part of a semester or year-long study abroad program through your home institution, you will not be required to submit your credentials to an evaluation service. We will, however, still require that you request an official transcript be sent to LPS for your study abroad program in order to fulfill the transcript requirement in your application. Please see our international transcript page for more information.
Please submit an essay answering the following questions. Your essay, which should address each question thoroughly, should be no longer than four typed pages and should be submitted as a single document.
- Have you ever been placed on probation, dismissed or suspended from any college or university for reasons pertaining to academic integrity? Yes/No If yes, please include any facts that you believe bear on the significance of this circumstance.
- How did your interest in Positive Psychology develop? How familiar are you with the field?
- What do you hope to learn in the MAPP program, and how do you expect to apply that knowledge in your professional career?
- How will this affect your career?
- How will this affect the profession in which you are (or will be) working?
Standardized Test Scores
Submit GRE scores if you have completed your bachelor’s degree within the last three years. GRE scores are recommended for others who do not yet have professional credentials. Use ETS code 2986 when requesting GRE scores. Submit TOEFL scores if English is not your native language. Use ETS code 2986 when requesting TOEFL scores.
You must submit three letters of recommendation in support of your application. These should be from individuals with whom you have had a close professional or academic association and who know of your desire to study Positive Psychology at an advanced level. Recommenders may complete their letters online or submit hard copy letters of recommendation. To submit online recommendations, follow the instructions in the Recommendations section of the online application. If your recommendations will not be submitted online, please complete the LPS cover sheet for letters of recommendation, give it to your references, and have them complete and attach the form to their letter. You can download the form here.