- Spring Admission: December 15 (November 15 for international applicants)
- Summer Admission: May 1 (April 1 for international applicants)
- Fall Admission: August 15 (July 15 for international applicants)
*All supporting materials must be received in our office by the application deadline. Applications may only be submitted through our online system. Please click the button to begin:
An application must contain all of the following in order to be considered complete:
- Completed application document
- Current resume
- Non-refundable application fee (Make checks payable to the Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania.)
- Application essays, listed below
- Unofficial transcripts from each post-secondary school attended uploaded through the online application system (study abroad transcripts are not required)
Please respond to each of the following questions. Please upload them together in one document.
- Have you ever been placed on probation, dismissed or suspended from any college or university for reasons pertaining to academic integrity? If this does not apply, please write N/A in your response. If yes, please include any facts that you believe bear on the significance of this circumstance.
- Describe your educational history and background, making sure to address both academic and non-academic experiences. Please clarify whether your records and transcripts accurately reflect your academic ability. (250 word maximum)
- Explain your goals for participating in the program, some of the coursework you are interested in and campus resources you plan to utilize. Be as specific as you can about your plans upon completing the program and about your eventual career goals. (250 word maximum)
Letters of Recommendation
Letters of Recommendations are not required for the Post-Baccalaureate Studies program. However, if you wish you may submit up to three letters of recommendation as optional support for your application. List the names and titles of individuals whom you have asked to submit letters in support of your application. These should be from individuals with whom you have had a close professional or academic association and who know of your desire to enroll in the College of Liberal and Professional Studies. Recommendations may be submitted online or by mail. For online recommendations, please follow the instructions in the Recommendations section of the online application.
For paper recommendations, please download the form here and supply to each person providing a recommendation.
Standardized Test Scores
Standardized test scores are not required.
Most international applicants must also submit TOEFL scores (see: www.sas.upenn.edu/lps/english_proficiency). If the medium of instruction for your undergraduate degree was not English, you must submit an official TOEFL score. The minimum TOEFL scores required for admissions consideration are: 100 (iBT), 250 (CBT), or 600 (PBT). The TOEFL must be sent from ETS using the institutional code 2986. To locate a testing site near you or schedule an exam, visit the TOEFL website.
Upon review of an applicant's file, the admissions committee reserves the right to request TOEFL scores.