Virtual information session
The Pre-Health Programs at the University of Pennsylvania recently hosted an online virtual information session for students interested in medical, dental and veterinary careers. Led by Program Director Jackie McLaughlin, the information session video is an opportunity to learn more about the programs and admissions process, as well as clinical, volunteer and research opportunities.
If you have a problem viewing this video, please click here.
For guidelines on getting started as a new Penn student, choosing classes, reviewing policies and more, refer to the Pre-Health Programs Student Handbook (PDF).
Penn Post-Baccalaureate Society
The Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Health Programs Society is committed to fostering a sense of community by organizing volunteer activities and a variety of professional and social events. The organization is devoted to creating a supportive environment for students to become involved socially, academically and professionally.
Previous volunteer activities organized by the Society have included:
- MANNA: Delivering meals to medically compromised individuals in the Philadelphia community.
- The Welcome Center: Working at the soup kitchen in Center City.
- ActionAIDS: Supporting the needs of individuals living with AIDS in the Philadelphia community.
- University City Hospitality Coalition: Supporting a soup kitchen that also provides a free medical, dental and legal clinic.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities, Philadelphia Chapter: Supporting sick children and their families.
- Penn Wissahickon Hospice: Supporting patients and family members.
Penn’s Year of Health
Each year, Penn's Provost office sponsors a series of events around a theme chosen by faculty, staff and students. The 2014-2015 academic year is Penn's opportunity to explore health, wellness and welfare across many areas of our lives. The Year of Health was launched in August with the Penn Reading Project, and continues with interdisciplinary conferences, symposia, exhibits, performances and more, all produced by Penn’s schools, departments, resource centers and partners. All scheduled events are open to Pre-Health students, and some are available to the general public as well. Visit the Events Calendar to learn more.