Post-Baccalaureate Studies program application deadlines
You may apply to begin Post-Baccalaureate Studies during the fall, spring or summer terms. Your application portfolio, including all transcripts, must be received by the following deadlines:
Fall 2015 admission
Application deadline: August 15, 2015
Spring 2016 admission
Application deadline: December 15, 2015
Summer 2016 admission
Application deadline: May 1, 2016
If you are a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania, Bryn Mawr College, Haverford College or Swarthmore College please apply to the "Penn Alumni Program" within the application.
Application materials checklist
- Completed online application
- Current résumé
- Nonrefundable application fee
- Application essays, listed below
- Unofficial transcripts from each post-secondary school attended uploaded through the online application system
- Standardized test scores, if applicable (details below)
- Letters of recommendation, if applicable (details below)
Post-Baccalaureate Studies program application essays
Your application will include essays addressing the topics listed below. The essays are reviewed as a reflection of your writing ability, and should be well-thought out and polished. Responses should not exceed four pages in length for all the questions combined. (Please compile your responses into a single document, but keep them as separate essays.)
- Have you ever been placed on probation, dismissed or suspended from any college or university for reasons pertaining to academic integrity? If this does not apply, please write N/A in your response. If yes, please include any facts that you believe bear on the significance of this circumstance.
- Describe your educational history and background, making sure to address both academic and nonacademic experiences. Please clarify whether your records and transcripts accurately reflect your academic ability. (250 word maximum)
- Explain your goals for participating in the program, some of the coursework you are interested in and campus resources you plan to utilize. Be as specific as you can about your plans upon completing the program and about your eventual career goals. (250 word maximum)
Letters of recommendation
Letters of recommendation are not required for the Post-Baccalaureate Studies program. However, you may submit up to three letters of recommendation to support your application. These should be from individuals with whom you have had a close professional or academic association and who know of your desire to enroll in the Post-Baccalaureate Studies Program at the University of Pennsylvania. Recommendations may be submitted online (preferred) or by mail. For online recommendations, please follow the instructions in the Recommendations section of the online application.
Standardized test scores
Standardized test scores are not required for admission to the Post-Baccalaureate Studies program.
Upon review of an applicant's file, the Admissions Committee reserves the right to request TOEFL scores.