Tuition Reduction Request
Students seeking tuition reduction are strongly encouraged to consult with their advisor and to submit their request forms as early as possible. ALL of the following criteria must be met in order to be eligible for tuition reduction.
- The student is matriculated into the LPS BA degree program and the course is required of the major, or fulfills the Foreign Language Requirement, and is not offered through LPS.
- BFA students are not eligible for tuition reduction
- Have a major declared and posted to the transcript in Penn-In-Touch.
- The specific course is not offered through LPS within a reasonable amount of time for the student to graduate on schedule, and no eligible alternative is available through LPS.
- The Student has chosen to fulfill the Language Requirement through a sequence offered through CAS or PLC and the language is not offered through LPS.
****Students planning a major that requires prerequisite courses (such as ECON, COMM, ARCH) should consult with an LPS general advisor; reduction for prerequisites will be considered on an individual basis.)
Courses Not Eligible:
- Courses outside the School of Arts and Sciences (except COMM, ARCH, COGS if they are required of a COMM, ARCH or COGS BA major)
- Graduate-level courses (above 599)
- Those used to fulfill only Free Elective, Sector, or Foundational Requirements
- Courses chosen to accommodate personal preferences or scheduling conflicts
Students wishing to request tuition reduction and who meet ALL above criteria should:
- Complete all information requested on the TRR form; incomplete forms will not be processed.
- For major courses, email the major advisor to update courses to the major worksheet in order to verify use toward major requirement.
- For Foreign Language Requirement courses simply submit the completed form.
- TRRs are due by 11:59pm EST on the last day of the add/drop period for the semester being requested for approval.
- Billing adjustments for approved TRRs begin after the first drop/add date as published in the LPS Calendar each semester.
- Late charges associated with TRR processing are adjusted through Student Financial Services. Please see SFS with questions about late fees.
- LPS assesses all TRR eligibility criteria and authorizes and issues notification of final denial or approval. Departments and offices outside of LPS do not have authorization to override TRR decisions.