Penn Museum on the University of Pennsylvania campus is the only East Coast venue for Secrets of the Silk Road. This family-friendly exhibition showcases recent discoveries from the vast Tarim Basin desert in western China, where a series of rich and culturally diverse burials and spectacularly preserved mummies have been uncovered.
Join area teachers at the Penn Museum for an Educators' Evening on Thursday, November 4, from 4:30 to 6:30 pm.
- Receive 2 Act 48 or NJ Professional Development credit hours
- Learn the story behind the Secrets of the Silk Road exhibition as the exhibition's curatorial consultant and Penn professor Victor Mair lectures about his discoveries
- Learn how area educators have integrated Silk Road-related topics into their curriculum
- Discover other educational resources on Penn campus when you meet representatives from Penn's Centers: African Studies, Middle East, East Asia Studies, South Asia
- Test exhibition prototypes of interactives, shop at the Penn Museum's store, and more!
To learn more about Educators' Evening and to RSVP, contact Jennifer Reifsteck at 215-898-4016 or firstname.lastname@example.org.