The Lauder Institute has been a pioneer in integrating management education with international studies and advanced language and cross-cultural proficiencies since its inception in 1983.
The program at the Institute offers students:
1. An MBA from the Wharton School or a JD from Penn Law
2. An MA in International Studies from the University of Pennsylvania’s School of Arts & Sciences
3. Advanced applied language study in one of nine languages: Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), French, German, Hindi, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, or Spanish
4. Study of the complex implications for business in a rapidly globalizing world in Lauder’s new Global Program
5. Two-month, in-country immersion programs
6. A summer project researching articles for the Lauder Global Business Insight Report
7. An MA research project/paper where students work in cross-language, research-oriented teams
8. A supportive global community of students, alumni, faculty, and corporate leaders
9. Dedicated language faculty
Joint MBA/MA and JD/MA: Arabic Language and Culture Program at the Lauder Institute
An underlying premise of the Lauder Arabic Language & Culture Program curriculum is that effective cross-cultural management requires both a high level of language proficiency, which demonstrates abstract thinking and conceptual communication, and a correspondingly strong understanding of the history, culture, politics, and business practices of the Arabic-speaking world. The curriculum develops both dimensions and prepares students to understand the larger cultural context in which Middle Eastern and North African business takes place. The Arabic Language and Culture courses integrate applied language study and cultural analysis in a comprehensive program. The Director of Arabic Language and Culture Program at Lauder is Dr. Amel Mili. For more information please visit program website.