Proposing an Online Course
- Discuss the course idea and proposal with department leadership to be sure your department approves of online course offerings and note any restrictions
- Download the course proposal form (also accessible at the bottom of this page) and submit to the Arts & Sciences Online Learning Team as well as the Penn Summer Program.
- The Arts & Sciences Online Learning Team will be able to discuss online course design, development, assessment strategies, video, animation, and eligibility for a development stipend. Contact info: Dr. Benjamin Wiggins firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Penn Summer team will be able to discuss rostering your course, teaching pay, enrollment, the need for TAs, etc. Contact Info: Eli Lesser email@example.com
- Once accepted by Penn Summer, first-time online course proposals will be directed to submit their description and syllabus to the SAS Curriculum Committee
- Visit our resources page for a list of frequently asked questions (pennkey login)
- The Online Learning team maintains Teaching Online: A Penn SAS Resource as a self-guided course-site within Canvas, designed specifically for faculty and TAs who are teaching online. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have difficulty requesting permission for the site.
Spring 2016 Faculty Workshops