System Requirements for Online Courses
It is recommended that all software (operating system, browser, Flash, Java, etc.) be completely up to date before the start of each online class. Most online courses use Canvas for assignments, discussion and watching video. Some online courses require synchronous sessions or live meetings as well (check your curse descripton or schedule). Synchronous sessions are hosted online using Adobe Connec, so it is easy to login from any location.
This Learning Management System is used to host your course resources, video segments, discussion boards and other assignments
- We recommend a minimum screen size of 1024x600, which is the average size of a netbook.
- We also recommend an internet connection no slower than a 512 Kbps download speed.
- Windows XP SP3–Windows 8 are supported. Mac OS X 10.6–10.9 are supported. ChromeOS is supported. iOS 5+ on the iPhone and iPad and Android 2.3+ are supported.
- The following browsers are supported:
- Internet Explorer 9 and 10
- Chrome 29 and 30
- Safari 5 and 6
- Firefox 23 and 24
- Flash 10 and 11 (if you want to use the audio/video recording or viewing feature or upload files)
- Respondus Lockdown Browser 4.0
For Adobe Connect
Used for synchronous, live class meetings.
- For the best possible classroom experience, students are recommended to use a headset with a microphone. We recommend the Logitech ClearChat USB headset for best results.
- We recommend a wired broadband internet connection with no slower than a 512 Kbps download speed. Cellular connections (4G, CLEAR, etc.) may not be fast or stable enough for a smooth class experience. Use at your own risk
- We recommend Firefox for maximum compatibility and stability.
- Users have experienced issues on both PCs and Macs with Chrome.
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 8.1 are supported. Mac OS X 10.7.4–10.9 are supported. Ubuntu 12.04, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, and OpenSuSE 12.2 are also supported.
- There are mobile Adobe Connect apps for iOS (iPhone and iPad) and Android.
For more information, see the official Adobe Connect tech specs page.