- Careers in SAS
- SAS HR Programs
- Recruiting & Onboarding
- Employee Rights
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I apply for a position in the School of Arts and Sciences?
Please check this link Jobs@Penn for listings of vacant positions within SAS.
2. Where can I find out about positions at Penn?
Information about jobs in all parts of the university can be found here.
3. If I apply for a position will I automatically be considered for other similar vacancies?
No. The on-line application system creates an individualized database for each job vacancy so you must submit an on-line application for every position for which you want to be considered.
4. When will I hear back if I applied for a position?
By creating a job profile (ID and password) you can keep track of your application status on line. In some instances job searches move very quickly, in others the hiring officers may need more time before communicating with applicants.
5. If a job was posted a few months ago and remains on the website, is it still open?
Some positions take longer to fill than others, especially positions that have very specific experiential and educational requirements. If a job posting is still on the website, the position is likely still open.
6. Where can I find salary information? How is salary determined?
Information about University compensation and salary can be found here.
7. There seem to be multiple postings for what looks like identical jobs. If I apply for one will I be considered for all?
While the job descriptions may be identical the respective hiring officers may be different, so you must submit a separate application for every position for which you would like to be considered.
8. What should I do if my question isn’t here?
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org.