- Careers in SAS
- SAS HR Programs
- Recruiting & Onboarding
Annual Appraisal Process
The University uses a web-based system for the management of the annual performance appraisal process. Please use the automated system to give feedback on FY2015 goals, give feedback on established competencies, establish goals, expectations and projects for FY2016, establish competencies and professional development plans for the coming appraisal cycle, and select an overall performance rating when appraising your staff members, .
Login Now: Online Performance Appraisal System
(You can access the system 24/7 using your PennKey and password)
Deadline: All self-appraisals, annual performance appraisals and appraisal meetings in the School of Arts and Sciences must be completed by May 8, 2015.
Training Modules: If you need help using the system, use the following
online training modules to guide you, including an outline to find specific topics and an option to download the slides:
- All staff: Completing
Your Self-Appraisal, Viewing and Signing Your Performance Appraisal
- Supervisors: Completing a Performance Appraisal for Your Staff Member
Some Key Points to Keep in Mind:
- For supervisors who used the standard appraisal form and not the custom upload option, the system will pre-populate goals from the previous year PROVIDED the current supervisor did not change and entered last year's goals.
- The self-appraisal does not request the staff member to rate themselves with an overall rating.
- When a supervisor is completing the performance appraisal for his or her staff member, the request for an overall rating prompt appears at the end of the automated form.
- A supervisor may view the performance appraisals of their direct reports as well as the appraisals of the staff supervised by their direct reports.
Custom Documents: Supervisors using the Online Performance Appraisal System have an option to complete the standard performance appraisal form in the system OR to upload into the Online Performance Appraisal System a custom appraisal using a letter or memorandum format. If supervisors are using a custom appraisal format, they should use the letter template [PDF] [Word] or memorandum template [PDF] [Word] to ensure that the custom appraisals include feedback on current year’s goals, goals/expectations for the next appraisal cycle, and professional development feedback and goals.
Questions: If you have any questions or need assistance with the Online Performance Appraisal System there are several options:
- Use the “Ask a Question” button in the application to email your questions to SAS HR.
- Contact SAS HR staff by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.
- Use the Training Modules listed above and use the Outline section to find your desired topic.
Additional Resources for Completing Appraisals:
- List of Compentencies, Step-by-step Guides, Tips for Writing Effective Reviews, and more
- Full Appraisal System Users Guide
- University of Pennsylvania Performance and Staff Development Program Webpage
- Performance and Staff Development Program Policies and Frequently Asked Questions
- Guidebook to Conduct a Performance Appraisal
Frequently Asked Questions: