Penn Summer High School Programs
Get your first taste of college life at an Ivy League Institution!
Penn Summer High School Programs, open to residential and commuting students, offer an outstanding academic challenge:
- Our programs are built around courses taught by Penn faculty, scholars, and distinguished outside experts.
- With small class sizes you can be sure to get the individualized attention you deserve.
- Residential programs include academically based extracurricular activities such as SAT preparation workshops, a college writing series, and presentations about college admissions procedures.
The Penn campus itself offers an enormous array of lectures, panels, musical and dramatic performances. It has the country’s largest open-stack library, state-of-the-art research labs, and world-class museums. In addition, the city of Philadelphia offers an endless variety of historical and cultural destinations.
Summer Academies are 4-week subject intensive, non-credit academic programs for high school students. Residential and commuter options available.
- Art in the City Academy
- Biomedical Research Academy
- Chemistry Research Academy
- Experimental Physics Research Academy
- Social Justice Research Academy
High school students can experience Penn undergraduate courses during the summer and receive official academic credit.
Programs for Philadelphia Area Students
Credit: Photo by B. Krist for GPTMC
Students from the Greater Philadelphia Area are presented with unique opportunities through Penn Summer High School programs.
Other Summer Programs at Penn
- Girls in Engineering, Math, & Science (GEMS)
- Summer Academy in Applied Science & Technology (SAAST)
- Penn Law Summer Academy
- M&T Summer Institute (M&TSI)
- Summer Mentorship Program (SMP)
- Knowledge @ Wharton High School (KWHS)
- Teen Research and Education in Environmental Studies (TREES)
- Leadership in the Business World
- Architecture: Summer at Penn
- Art: Summer at Penn