Penn Summer High School Programs
Get your first taste of college life at an Ivy League Institution!
Penn Summer High School Programs, open to residential and commuting students, offer an outstanding academic challenge:
- Our programs are built around courses taught by Penn faculty, scholars, and distinguished outside experts.
- With small class sizes you can be sure to get the individualized attention you deserve.
- Residential programs include academically based extracurricular activities such as SAT preparation workshops, a college writing series, and presentations about college admission.
Summer Academies are academically intensive, non-credit programs for high school students. Residential and commuter options available.
- Art in the City Academy
- Biomedical Research Academy
- Chemistry Research Academy
- Experimental Physics Research Academy
- Social Justice Research Academy
High school students can experience Penn undergraduate courses during the summer and receive official academic credit.
Programs for Philadelphia Area Students
Credit: Photo by B. Krist for GPTMC
Students from the Greater Philadelphia Area are presented with unique opportunities through Penn Summer High School programs.
Other Summer Programs at Penn
- Girls in Engineering, Math, & Science (GEMS)
- Summer Academy in Applied Science & Technology (SAAST)
- M&T Summer Institute (M&TSI)
- Summer Mentorship Program (SMP)
- Knowledge @ Wharton High School (KWHS)
- Teen Research and Education in Environmental Studies (TREES)
- Leadership in the Business World
- Architecture: Summer at Penn
- Art: Summer at Penn