Application & Registration for High School Students
Penn Summer High School Programs are designed for academically motivated high school students currently enrolled in 9th, 10th, or 11th grade.
Summer 2013 applications are now open! The deadline for application is June 1st, 2013.
Admission decisions are posted to your online application account within one week of submitting the completed application (including our receipt of documents.) You will receive an email notice when your admissions decision is available.
Applications may only be submitted through our online application system. Please read all instructions and view the screencast below, then click the button to begin:
An application must contain all of the following in order to be considered complete:
- Completed online application
- Unofficial copy of high school transcripts uploaded to the online application system
**Note for international students: An official copy of high school transcripts is required for students not attending a U.S. high school
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher or guidance counselor (2 required if not providing standardized test scores)
- Application essays (questions listed below)
- Standardized test scores: SAT, ACT, or PSAT scores; please use ETS code 2986
**Note for international students: TOEFL (or TOEFL equivalent) scores are required for international applicants whose native language is not English. International students who attend an English-language high school may submit PSAT or SAT scores as a TOEFL substitute.**
- Non-refundable application fee of $70.00. Payable online by credit card or check. (Make checks payable to the Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania and mail to the address below.)
Penn Summer High School Programs
University of Pennsylvania
3440 Market Street, Suite 100
Philadelphia, PA 19104-3335
Please respond to the following questions. Number your essays clearly and upload responses together in one document. Your essays should be 300-400 words combined. We value thoughtfulness and quality over quantity. Please upload your responses to your online application.
- Have you ever been placed on probation, dismissed or suspended from any school, college or university for reasons pertaining to academic integrity? If yes, please include any facts that you believe bear on the significance of this circumstance. If this does not apply, please write N/A in your response.
- Describe a significant person or event in your life and how this has affected your decision to study a specific topic in college or pursue a specific career later in life?
- Describe any extra-curricular experiences you feel strengthen your application, such as: volunteer work, employment, sports teams, high school clubs, and/or travel.
If you have questions about the Penn Summer High School Program, please contact Robert Friedman, Penn Campus Manager, at 215-746-6901, or Lauren More, Manager of Summer Sessions, at email@example.com.