Application for High School Academies and Pre-College Program
- Penn Summer Academies are designed for high school students currently enrolled in 9th, 10th, or 11th grade.
- The Pre-college Program is designed for high school students currently enrolled in 10th or 11th grade.
Summer 2014 applications are now open! The deadline for applications is June 1st, 2014.
Admission decisions are posted to your online application account within one week of submitting the completed application (including our receipt of documents.) You will receive an email notice when your admissions decision is available.
Applications may only be submitted through our online application system. Please read all instructions below, then click the 'Apply Online' button to begin:
An application must contain all of the following in order to be considered complete:
- Completed online application
- High school transcripts
Domestic Applicants: Upload unofficial or official transcripts to online application or mail/email
International Applicants: Mail an official copy of high school transcripts
- Application essays, questions listed below
- Standardized test scores, if applicable: mail/email copies of score reports; PSAT, SAT, ACT accepted
Domestic Applicants: Optional if English is your native language
International Applicants: TOEFL (or TOEFL equivalent) scores are required if English is not your
native language. PSAT, SAT, or ACT are also acceptable.
- Recommendation letters; 1 required if providing test scores; 2 required if not providing test scores
- Non-refundable application fee of $75.00. Payable online by credit card or check. (Make checks payable to the Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania and mail to the address below.)
Penn Summer High School Programs
University of Pennsylvania
3440 Market Street, Suite 100
Philadelphia, PA 19104-3335
Please respond to the following questions. Number your essays clearly and upload responses together in one document using the upload button located within the online application. Each individual response should not exceed 400 words. We value thoughtfulness and quality over quantity.
- Have you ever been placed on probation, dismissed or suspended from any school, college, or university for reasons pertaining to academic integrity? If yes, please include any facts that you believe bear on the significance of this circumstance. If this does not apply, please write N/A in your response.
- Briefly describe your academic and personal goals and explain how these will be further achieved by studying in the University of Pennsylvania’s Summer High School Program. Feel free to discuss the particular program or courses to which you are applying as well as other aspects of summer study at Penn.
- Select a few of your non-academic or extra-curricular experiences and explain how these supplement your academic and personal growth.
- If English is not your native language, please describe your English educational background and experience.
If you have questions about the residential or extracurricular portions of the Penn Summer High School Programs please contact Lauren Schwab, Penn Campus Manager, at 215-746-6901. Any academic or Penn-specific inquiries may be directed to Lauren More or Sally Cardy at firstname.lastname@example.org.