Application & Registration for High School Students
Penn Summer High School Programs are designed for academically motivated high school students currently enrolled in 9th, 10th, or 11th grade.
Summer 2014 applications are now open! The deadline for applications will be June 1st, 2014.
Admission decisions are posted to your online application account within one week of submitting the completed application (including our receipt of documents.) You will receive an email notice when your admissions decision is available.
Applications may only be submitted through our online application system. Please read all instructions and view the screencast below, then click the button to begin:
An application must contain all of the following in order to be considered complete:
- Completed online application
- Unofficial copy of high school transcripts uploaded to the online application system
**Note for international students: An official copy of high school transcripts is required for students not attending a U.S. high school
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher or guidance counselor (2 required if not providing standardized test scores)
- Application essays (questions listed below)
- Standardized test scores: SAT, ACT, or PSAT scores; please use ETS code 2986
**Note for international students: TOEFL (or TOEFL equivalent) scores are required for international applicants whose native language is not English. International students who attend an English-language high school may submit PSAT or SAT scores as a TOEFL substitute.**
- Non-refundable application fee of $75.00. Payable online by credit card or check. (Make checks payable to the Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania and mail to the address below.)
Penn Summer High School Programs
University of Pennsylvania
3440 Market Street, Suite 100
Philadelphia, PA 19104-3335
Please respond to the following questions. Number your essays clearly and upload responses together in one document using the upload button located within the online application. Each individual response should not exceed 400 words. We value thoughtfulness and quality over quantity.
- Have you ever been placed on probation, dismissed or suspended from any school, college, or university for reasons pertaining to academic integrity? If yes, please include any facts that you believe bear on the significance of this circumstance. If this does not apply, please write N/A in your response.
- Briefly describe your academic and personal goals and explain how these will be further achieved by studying in the University of Pennsylvania’s Summer High School Program. Feel free to discuss the particular program or courses to which you are applying as well as other aspects of summer study at Penn.
- Select a few of your non-academic or extra-curricular experiences and explain how these supplement your academic and personal growth.
- If English is not your native language, please describe your English educational background and experience.
If you have questions about the residential or extracurricular portions of the Penn Summer High School Programs please contact Lauren Schwab, Penn Campus Manager, at 215-746-6901. Any academic or Penn-specific inquiries may be directed to Lauren More, Manager of Penn Summer Sessions, at firstname.lastname@example.org.