2014 Chinese Academy Startalk Program
The 2014 Chinese Academy will be held July 3rd – August 8th.
The University of Pennsylvania’s STARTALK Summer High School Chinese Language Program couples Penn’s extensive experience with intellectual development programs for high school students and its excellence in Chinese language and culture taught by nationally known Penn professors.
- Curriculum tracks in Intensive Beginning Chinese I and II
- Language Instruction Monday through Friday from 9am – 3pm
- One-on-one practice sessions with language teachers
- Lectures on Chinese traditional and modern health practices, science and technology
- Language lab instruction in writing and website navigation
- After-school field trips to Chinatown and Philadelphia Science Museum
- Cultural activities centered around Chinese painting and martial art practice
Chinese Language Program at the University of Pennsylvania, including:
- Dr. Mien-Hwa Chiang, Director
- Mr. Melvin Lee, Lecturer
- Ms. Ni Ou, Lecturer
The program is selecting 25 high school students. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Each student will be granted a $1,200 scholarship to be applied to the $2,000 tuition.
- The final tuition will therefore be $800 per student
*A limited number of full scholarships may be available
For more information
- Call (215) 573-4203
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org