Registration for Visiting Students
If you are a Penn employee, visiting student, graduate student, or a working professional you are considered a new Penn student. As a new student, registering for Penn Summer is a 2-Step Process:
Step 1 - Create Account
When you click the Register Now button, you will be taken to a new screen on the main College of Liberal & Professional Studies (LPS) website. LPS administers all Penn Summer programs: Create Application Account Form.
- Please fill out all fields. For "Program of Interest" select "Summer Sessions Program."
- Make sure you write down your new User Name and Password. You will also receive an email from Penn LPS with the subject line "Ivy Page Confirmation" that will contain your account information.
- Once submitted, you will receive a confirmation Message and a link to proceed to the Online Application.
Step 2 - Application
Watch the Penn Summer Sessions Application Screencast or follow the steps below:
You are now on the "Welcome to the Penn LPS Online Application" page. Please note: this is the general application page for all LPS programs, but it is also used for the Penn Summer open enrollment process.
- Go to User Login box on the top right side of the page and enter your User Name and Password and click Login.
- Enter required Information, click "continue and create new account" button.
- You are taken to a new screen. Click the "Application for Admission" link of the bottom of the page to proceed.
- Read the Instructions and then click the "Personal Information" link on the sidebar to begin the process.
- Continue filling out your information on all screens.
- On "Program Information" screen choose "Summer Sessions Program."
- When finished, you may click "Check Your Application" to see if you missed any required fields. Once all fields are filled in, you will see a "Congratulations" message. Click "Proceed to Submission" button.
- Review Application, then click "Continue" button. Submit payment info.
- Your application has been successfully submitted. You will receive an email shortly confirming your application status.
What Happens Next
- Once you have submitted your registration for Summer Sessions through the LPS online system, it will take 1-2 business days for us to process and review your registration.
- Once we have reviewed your registration, we will send you an email indicating that your registration is complete entitled "Confirm your Registration for Penn LPS." View sample email.
- Within the "Confirm your Registration for Penn LPS" email you are directed to complete a formal Intent to Enroll Form, providing contact information (including your permanent address). You must complete this form in order to be eligible for course registration.
- Shortly after completion of the Intent to Enroll Form, important university system login information will be sent to your permanent address within 10-12 business days. You will also be entered in our student record system and will receive an email with directions regarding class registration and student email setup.
- Read and Review Penn Summer Visiting Student Handbook.
- Watch the recording from the Summer 2012 Visiting Student Orientation for a review of polices and procedures.
- If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact our office at 215-746-6902.