Scan documents to PDF and send them to e-mail
The copiers in this room and the device in room 235 are capable of scanning multi-page, multi-sided documents and sending the results as a PDF to an e-mail address. The largest benenfit in this operation is speed. A copier's scanning mechanism is much faster than that of a conventional desktop scanner. The convenience of speed and PDF often suits the needs for those in Cohen Hall. Though copying is not a free service on the devices, scanning is free. No card-swipe or department code is necessary to scan and send documents.
- Place the documents to be scanned in the feeder or on the flatbed.
- Press the "Scanner" button on the copier. A rather crowded screen will appear on the copier's display.
- Enter the e-mail address of the recipient, usually your own address. Be sure to press "OK" in the top-left corner of the screen, after entering the target address.
- Press the "Start" button on the copier, whose light should be green. If the light is red, the copier is not ready to scan.
- Scanning will commence and proceed very quickly. The memory count on the copier will read 99% while the scanning is in process. As soon as that memory counter comes back up to 100%, the PDF has been sent out by the copier.
- Collect the originals and have a nice day!