Web.sas.upenn.edu uses the WordPress platform and is hosted in the cloud by a 3rd party vendor, CampusPress.
CampusPress has WordPress's ease of use and most popular features, while keeping the service economical and secure by focusing on providing only those features of greatest use to its entire community. CampusPress is not a direct replacement for a departmental Drupal site.
- Speedy setup of new sites
- No development skills required; many themes and plug-ins have been vetted by CampusPress.
- No sysadmin assistance is required.
- Security is provided by CampusPress which maintains the WordPress installation and plug-ins.
SAS Faculty and Staff can request and administer sites on web.sas. Great uses of web.sas include:
- Personal Scholarly Websites
- Research Lab Websites
- Events or Conferences
- Special Programs
Please keep in mind:
- The web.sas service should not be used to store sensitive data (if you're unsure what that is, please ask your LSP)
- You can review the list of available plugins to make sure they meet your needs
- Periodically CampusPress makes changes to the service to keep its service in line with broader Wordpress updates. At times, the vendor may need to remove a plugin or a theme from the service which could impact your sites. SAS Computing will work with you in the event these necessary updates will affect you.
To request a site, please send us an email.
Help and Support is available in the CampusPress Users Guides (note that CampusPress used to be known as Edublogs).
If you have additional questions, please contact your Local Support Provider.